Thursday, July 21, 2011

FASHION DISASTER

I don't know how many reading this have ever been to a fashion show, but I'm sure almost everyone has seen it on TV or the wide world web. You know what I'm talking about, the skeletons with skin skinny, string bean models walking down the runway showing off these exotic designer clothes. A lot of times it's some ridiculous outfit that you never ever see in public and you wonder 1) why would anyone even think of designing it and 2) who the hell is going to wear it? I mean, I've never ever seen an actual person live, in anything close to what some of these fashion designers are making. Of course, I hang out at Wal-Mart a lot so that may explain a little.
Other than Hollywood actresses on Oscar night, who wears that stuff?

Now I'm all into pretty girls dressing up and showing off pretty clothes. Seeing anorexic girls showing off these wild fashion designs I've never seen anyone wear....ever, not so much! I'll just change the channel and watch some sports. And wouldn't you know it, the sports world can get their bad fashion on too. And Houston sports teams usually rank pretty high on lists dealing with not-so-fashionable fashion.
It started with the Astros in the 70's.
Having grown up watching the team play in those unis, I kinda like them. They've even made sort of a comeback and you'll see a lot of people wearing these jerseys at Astros games. But talk to anyone not from these parts and these unis are usually the first ones people think of when talking about bad uniforms. If that's not bad enough though, the Houston Rockets gave us this little gem in the late 90's.
Better known as pajamas, these doozies featured a spaceship, or rocket, with teeth.

So Houston has had it's share of teams with bad uniforms, but I don't think any city has had such a bad run of bad uniforms than Chicago, particularly, the Chicago White Sox.
Not just a string of bad uniforms, they can't even decide on a color scheme. But as bad as those are, nothing beats these:
The fanned out disco collar and SHORTS??!!!! Yes, they really played professional baseball in these things.

And Chicago is not done. The Bears might have some say in this.

Got ketchup? Houston is back in the mix. Here's the Texans answer.
But the Philadelphia Phillies did it first.

Don't like ketchup, how about some San Diego Padres brown mustard?

If all of that ketchup and mustard doesn't have you puking green, maybe the Seattle Seahawks will.

The Baltimore Orioles know orange.

This soccer team doesn't quite have orange down, no matter what the jersey says.

All I can say here is, "ARRRRRR Matey!"

This is not a chorus line, this is the Denver Broncos.

It wasn't much better back in the roaring 20's either. The Frankford Yellow Jackets (who morphed into the Philadelphia Eagles) gave folks this:

How 'bout some hockey, eh? Canada's fashion doesn't get much better.
The Vancouver Canucks.

And the Montreal Canadiens sported these threads.
Had to be owned by an optometrist at the time, right? He must have made a killing off of hockey fans. "Yes, I'll have nachos, a beer, a bag of peanuts, and I'll take a stronger eyeglasses prescription. Thanks."

As bad as all of those uniforms are, there is one that is so shockingly ugly that I really don't want to desecrate my blog with it, but I feel I must so that you will know. Be warned though. This is bad, bad, bad!!!









Titans blow!!!

Must be getting close to football season!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know soccer players wear tape on their thighs too?! Those are RUGBY uniforms - not soccer. I don't disagree that they're hideous; but, come on, get your sports right!

    ReplyDelete