Thursday, August 4, 2011

A MAYOR WALKS INTO A BAR...

Here's a little tale out of Sheboygan, Wisconsin.

Sheboygan. Already near the top of the list of my all-time favorite names for a town.

The mayor of Sheboygan, Bob Ryan, got himself into a little....um....trouble recently. No, he didn't misappropriate the city's funds or anything like that, but he did go on a weekend bender where he got into a fight and passed out in a bar.

Mayor Ryan, an alcoholic, and admits it, is now facing the wrath of the Sheboygan city council, who is asking that he resign his post as mayor. Ryan, very apologetic of his actions, says he has no intentions of stepping down. He says that though he has a drinking problem, it has never affected his job performance. He claims he has never conducted city business under the influence, and says that he has never eyeballed vodka. OK, he didn't really say that last part. I'm getting my blogs intertwined.

So does Mr. Mayor really need to lose a job because of a few drinks he had off the Sheboygan clock? If everyone lost their job over a bad weekend, doing something stupid, nobody would be working any more. Getting real tired of society playing the "he needs to be fired" card for every little thing. I mean, we're talking beer land Wisconsin where 79% of the electorate are the barfly crowd. OK, starting a fight and passing out in a bar may not be so little but I can see how some of that probably went down.

Customer: Excuse me sir, you're sitting in my seat.
Mayor: Hey, do you know who I am? I'm the Mayor!
Customer: I don't care if you the queen of England. I got up to use the restroom and you're sitting in my seat, freaking out my girlfriend.
Mayor: Hey baby, I'm the Mayor.
Customer: OK, that's it buddy. I don't care if I did vote for you, I'm kicking your ass.
Hey, politics can drive you to drinking. Especially if you're a politician trying to do things the right way.

Hahahahahaha!!!!

Sorry, I couldn't say that with a straight face. Politician, right way? Like that exists.

Still though, an admitted alcoholic, who is and has been seeking help, had himself a rough weekend. It's not the end of the world. At least he didn't hop into an armoured personnel carrier and start mowing down citizen's cars that were illegally parked.
Yeah, that happened. Mayor Arturas Zuokas of Vilnius, Lithuania, responded to residents complaining about luxury car owners parking in bicycle lanes, so in a publicity stunt to show the public that the problem is being addressed, he rolls his tank over a Mercedes-Benz S-Class.

Or you could have Mayor Martin Resendiz of Sunland Park, New Mexico who signed NINE contracts with a California company, while he was drunk. "The day I signed, I had way too much to drink. It was after 5 p.m. and I signed it (the contracts) and I didn't know what I was signing," says Mayor Resendiz. "My sister had to pick me up." OK, see, now we have a problem where this guy just might have to lose his job and this guy is not being asked to step down. In fact, Mayor Resendiz is planning to run for the U.S. House. Despite the California company who is now suing because the city isn't paying because they say the contracts are not valid since City Council didn't approve them, no one seems to be asking for Resendiz to resign his post.

Hmmm, Ryan - Republican, Resendiz - Democrat.....just sayin'.
Arturas Zuokas - out of his freaking mind, but I've got to get me one of those tanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment